Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where to begin?



He finally sent a picture! :) I am sure everyone is anxious to see what he has been up to and where he is staying. I have to be cautious when posting things on this blog so my apologies in advance for being vague on the details. Some updates that he has given me over the last couple weeks are:
The helmet cam that we bought sucks!
He has a hard time finding anything good to eat (vegetarian) so he's been basically living off the protein shakes I sent him! :)
He never sleeps! Has more than one mission a day sometimes. Usually ends up doing missions throughout the night as well.
It's hot!
There are Ants the size of Spiders! (Gross!)
Might get his own room "he calls it his cardboard box"! :)
Busy, Busy, Busy. The tempo is unlike anything he's ever experienced before.

So far we've been able to email back and forth at least every other day, which is better than we assumed. I was hoping we wouldn't have to resort back to world war II days, where letters arrived 3 weeks later.
My first shipment of boxes actually beat him to Afghanistan, I think it took about a week is all. I just sent off my second shipment (4 boxes) and am waiting to see how long it takes for those to arrive. I mailed him plenty of snacks and a few essentials he asked for. Hope it all gets to him before he resorts to eating (what he calls) the "rock hard salt ball yogart deal" . :)

2 weeks down and 8 1/2 months to go!

No comments:

Background